Recipe by Rita~
Creamy rich and really good for you! If you want you can add some cream to thin or make richer! Left overs make a great soup, Just add some more broth and or cream blend and enjoy. Alternate method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
- 20 ounces Brussels sprouts
- chicken broth, to cover sprouts
- 1 small butternut squash, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ripe apples or 1 pear, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 dash chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brussel sprouts in chicken broth 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and save broth.
- Cook butternut squash in micro on high cut side down sprinkled with a little water till softened about 10 minute.
- Saute onions in oil and butter with brown sugar till brown.
- In blender puree softened butternut sqaush,apple and spices add a little of the cooked chicken broth to blend into a nice sauce.
- Add brussel sprouts to onions.
- If large you can cut in 1/2 before adding to onions.
- Pour butternut sauce over sprouts and serve warm.