Creamy rich and really good for you! If you want you can add some cream to thin or make richer! Left overs make a great soup, Just add some more broth and or cream blend and enjoy. Alternate method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces Brussels sprouts
- chicken broth, to cover sprouts
- 1 small butternut squash, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ripe apples or 1 pear, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 dash chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook brussel sprouts in chicken broth 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2Strain and save broth.
- 3Cook butternut squash in micro on high cut side down sprinkled with a little water till softened about 10 minute.
- 4Saute onions in oil and butter with brown sugar till brown.
- 5In blender puree softened butternut sqaush,apple and spices add a little of the cooked chicken broth to blend into a nice sauce.
- 6Add brussel sprouts to onions.
- 7If large you can cut in 1/2 before adding to onions.
- 8Pour butternut sauce over sprouts and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Butternut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 44.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g