Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is my own preference for Brussels sprouts. Try it. I think it's great.
Make and share this Brussels sprouts, with butter sauce, Americano recipe from Food.com.
- 20 Brussels sprouts
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter (3/4 stick)
- 1 clove fresh pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese (No Kraft junk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced white onion (if you have a bit handy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts in boiling water, with some salt, and a bit of fresh garlic, for 2 minutes.
- Remove, and steam them for 10 minutes.
- If you don't have a steamer, boil them for 7-10 minutes .
- Meantime, in a saucepan, on simmer, melt the butter, with garlic, parmesan cheese, paprika, bayleaf, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion, and oregano. If you wish, melt and clarify the butter, before adding the other ingredients.
- Stir, occasionally.
- Remove, and drain the brussel sprouts.
- Place in a bowl, or a service plate, and add the butter sauce, and toss.
- Season with salt, and pepper, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This is very good. I would have never tried those spices with Brussel Sprouts. I'm going to try with other veggies.
This is excellent, as is. Next time, I will clarify the butter just to see if it makes a difference. I didn't need to correct the seasoning after cooking. It was perfect. I did sprinkle a little parmesan, but that was it.
Works with any other veggie, too.