John Skrable's Note:
This is my own preference for Brussels sprouts. Try it. I think it's great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 Brussels sprouts
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter (3/4 stick)
- 1 clove fresh pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese (No Kraft junk)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced white onion (if you have a bit handy)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1Blanch the Brussels sprouts in boiling water, with some salt, and a bit of fresh garlic, for 2 minutes.
- 2Remove, and steam them for 10 minutes.
- 3If you don't have a steamer, boil them for 7-10 minutes .
- 4Meantime, in a saucepan, on simmer, melt the butter, with garlic, parmesan cheese, paprika, bayleaf, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion, and oregano. If you wish, melt and clarify the butter, before adding the other ingredients.
- 5Stir, occasionally.
- 6Remove, and drain the brussel sprouts.
- 7Place in a bowl, or a service plate, and add the butter sauce, and toss.
- 8Season with salt, and pepper, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels sprouts, with butter sauce, Americano
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 31.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g