Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love sprouts and this is a really good way to have them rather than just plain. Goes great with meat and potatoes.
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts (can use frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine sprouts, stock, salt and pepper in saucepan, cover, bring to a boil and simmer til tender.
- Melt butter in microwave cup, add caraway seed and lemon, pour over sprouts and serve.
These flavors made Brussels sprouts edible. I bought some giant fresh sprouts on Sunday, and I used this recipe the next day. I used an entire 14 ounce can of chicken broth because I had no idea how many Brussels sprouts I had. It was about 2 pounds, but as for cups...? It took about 9 minutes to soften the Brussels sprouts. In the end, I wanted more lemon and caraway because they were the best part. I ended up spooning up the chicken broth, lemon and caraway mixture after the Brussels sprouts were gone. These were better than our main course! Thanks!
I love the caraway with the other flavors! Very easy as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe, which I made just as written.
This is a delicious way to prepare Brussels Sprouts. I used fresh Brussels, and it turned out great. Thanks for a well written and easy to follow recipe!