Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple.
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (40 to 50 sprouts)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped sage leaf (6 to 8 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, add the sprouts to boiling salted water and cook until bright green and just tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and cook until nutty brown in color, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the sage, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sprouts, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to coat in the butter and cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve warm.
One of my favorite fall recipes- delicious and easy to make!
This recipe is just wonderful! The browned butter takes the harshness out of the sprouts, and the sage is just wonderful and crispy. I can't wait to have it again this year. We have been using it as part of our Thanksgiving feast since it was publised in RS years ago. I was thinking about finally posting it myself tonight, but you did it for me! Thanks!