Recipe by Latchy
Had this last night, adapted from a recipe from a New Zealand Magazine. Great way to have sprouts
Top Review by V.
This looks like a great recipe, I'm definitely going to have to try it. You might be able to draw in a greater audience for it by correcting the spelling in the title from Brussell to Brussels or Brussel. :-)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 40 g softened butter
- 500 g Brussels sprouts (small if possible)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 70 g coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the peppercorns in a mortor and pestle and then combine in a small bowl with the softened butter.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Cut a small slice from the stalk end of each Brussel Sprout to help separate the leaves, Pull off the outer leaves of the sprouts very carefully and finely slice the tight centres.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the hazelnuts and sauté for 2 minutes until toasted.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and stock and sauté for a further 2 minutes then season with salt to taste.
- Remove from the heat and toss through the black pepper butter.
- Put into a serving bowl or on individual plates.