Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I HATE brussels sprouts, but got some in a organic vegetable delivery, and had to figure out an edible way to prepare them. I came up with this, and my hubby and I were fighting over the last one.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed and washed
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted pistachios, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Pre cook brussels sprouts in microwave, by steaming, or pan roasting until almost tender, depending on method and size of sprouts, 5-15 minutes.
- Fry bacon in sauce pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan and add brussel sprouts to bacon grease, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pistachios and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir around for 1-2 minutes, reducing balsamic and glazing sprouts and nuts.
- Add bacon back to pan and season with salt and pepper.
Pistachios were lost. Didn't add anything. Bacon, brussel sprouts and balsamic were great. I only used half the balsamic and it was plenty.
I love Brussels sprouts! This an easy and delicious way to prepare them. I felt the pistachios were a little lost in all the other bold ingredients and didn't really notice them, but I loved the bacon and balsamic.
Wow, I just made this for lunch and it was spectacular! I left out the bacon because I'm vegetarian, although I would like to try it with some veggie bacon when I have some on hand. I didn't feel like it was missing anything, though -- great balance of flavors and so easy, too. Thank you, KelBel, I will definitely be making this one again!