Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I HATE brussels sprouts, but got some in a organic vegetable delivery, and had to figure out an edible way to prepare them. I came up with this, and my hubby and I were fighting over the last one.
- Pre cook brussels sprouts in microwave, by steaming, or pan roasting until almost tender, depending on method and size of sprouts, 5-15 minutes.
- Fry bacon in sauce pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan and add brussel sprouts to bacon grease, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pistachios and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir around for 1-2 minutes, reducing balsamic and glazing sprouts and nuts.
- Add bacon back to pan and season with salt and pepper.
Wow, I just made this for lunch and it was spectacular! I left out the bacon because I'm vegetarian, although I would like to try it with some veggie bacon when I have some on hand. I didn't feel like it was missing anything, though -- great balance of flavors and so easy, too. Thank you, KelBel, I will definitely be making this one again!
MMMmmmm. I love Brussels Sprouts! Easy and quick way to fix. The only thing I did differently, was to pour off most of the bacon grease before sauteing the sprouts. As you can see, I also browned the sprouts a little more than called for. Thnx for sharing your recipe, KelBel.
This was the hit of Thanksgiving among us sprout eaters. What a delightful combination of flavors. And easy to make on top of everything - key to a great recipe. I used a fig balsamic that I had made over the summer to finish this dish and it was terrific. Thanks so much for this extra-ordinary treatment.