Recipe by KelBel
I HATE brussels sprouts, but got some in a organic vegetable delivery, and had to figure out an edible way to prepare them. I came up with this, and my hubby and I were fighting over the last one.
Top Review by Delicious as it Looks
I love Brussels sprouts! This an easy and delicious way to prepare them. I felt the pistachios were a little lost in all the other bold ingredients and didn't really notice them, but I loved the bacon and balsamic.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed and washed
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted pistachios, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre cook brussels sprouts in microwave, by steaming, or pan roasting until almost tender, depending on method and size of sprouts, 5-15 minutes.
- Fry bacon in sauce pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan and add brussel sprouts to bacon grease, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pistachios and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir around for 1-2 minutes, reducing balsamic and glazing sprouts and nuts.
- Add bacon back to pan and season with salt and pepper.