I HATE brussels sprouts, but got some in a organic vegetable delivery, and had to figure out an edible way to prepare them. I came up with this, and my hubby and I were fighting over the last one.
- Pre cook brussels sprouts in microwave, by steaming, or pan roasting until almost tender, depending on method and size of sprouts, 5-15 minutes.
- Fry bacon in sauce pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan and add brussel sprouts to bacon grease, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pistachios and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir around for 1-2 minutes, reducing balsamic and glazing sprouts and nuts.
- Add bacon back to pan and season with salt and pepper.