Brussels Sprouts With Bacon Fried Green Onions
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add Brussels sprouts and blanch 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet until crispy; remove bacon, drain on paper towels. Chop into pieces and set aside.
- Discard all but 1-2 tablespoons of fat in the pan. Cut off the top 3-4 inches from the green ends of the onions. Sauté the onions in bacon fat until barely tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in apple cider or beer and cook to heat through. Add the drained Brussels sprouts and reserved bacon to the pan, stir well and heat through. Season with pepper to taste.
- Top each serving with three green onions crisscrossed atop them.