From Asparagus to Zucchini, A guide to Cooking Farm Fresh Seasonal Produce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add Brussels sprouts and blanch 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet until crispy; remove bacon, drain on paper towels. Chop into pieces and set aside.
- 3Discard all but 1-2 tablespoons of fat in the pan. Cut off the top 3-4 inches from the green ends of the onions. Sauté the onions in bacon fat until barely tender, 1-2 minutes.
- 4Stir in apple cider or beer and cook to heat through. Add the drained Brussels sprouts and reserved bacon to the pan, stir well and heat through. Season with pepper to taste.
- 5Top each serving with three green onions crisscrossed atop them.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts With Bacon Fried Green Onions
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g