Recipe by DuChick
A Pillsbury favorite...go crazy and dress up your brussel sprouts with bacon and crunchy pecans.
Top Review by Catnip46
I've never tried brussels spouts before and glad I picked your recipe to try. This was very good. I was even eating it cold out of the refrigerator later that night. A keeper for sure. I will be making this a lot.
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts.
- With tip of knife, cut an X in base of each.
- Place Brussels sprouts in large saucepan; add just enough water to cover. Add salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp in medium skillet.
- Remove bacon from skillet. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet; cool.
- Add flour to cooled drippings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, water, vinegar and mustard; mix well.
- Gradually stir into bacon drippings mixture.
- Drain Brussels sprouts; place in serving bowl.
- Add hot bacon dressing mixture; toss gently.
- Crumble bacon over Brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- If desired, add salt to taste.