Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From LeGourmetTV. If using frozen vegetables, they should be fully thawed and drained before cooking.
- 3 slice bacon, minced
- 680.38 g fresh Brussels sprouts or 680.38 g frozen Brussels sprouts, halved
- 680.38 g pearl onions or 680.38 g frozen pearl onions
- 59.16 ml butter
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute bacon until it renders its fat and bacon is crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the fat remaining in the pan, add Brussels sprouts. Let them sit in the hot pan without stirring for 2-3 minutes, until they are nicely browned. Turn over and repeat.
- Add pearl onions, butter and wine. Cover and cook about 15 minutes. Return bacon to pan and add red wine vinegar. Season to taste.