Recipe by greyghost
I got this recipe from the Food show Pairings with Andrea - varied it a little bit for my taste. Excellent for Christmas dinner - very big hit for my family! VERY GOOD side dish!
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if necessary)
- 1 dash salt
- 5 -6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring salted water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add Brussels sprouts.
- Boil uncovered until tender.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Add garlic and cook until soft and just beginning to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add Brussels sprouts and bacon back into skillet. Just cook until heated through.
- Stir in parsley and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.