Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Asparagus to Zucchini, A guide to Cooking Farm Fresh Seasonal Produce.
- 453.59 g Brussels sprout
- 113.39 g bacon, chopped
- 118.29 ml finely chopped shallot
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and cut any large ones in half. Blanch in boiling water until tender.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking and drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan. Add onions.
- Cook until brown. Add Brussels sprouts, butter, vinegar, salt pepper and bacon. Toss until hot.