- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and cut any large ones in half. Blanch in boiling water until tender.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking and drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan. Add onions.
- Cook until brown. Add Brussels sprouts, butter, vinegar, salt pepper and bacon. Toss until hot.