Recipe by BeckyF
In this recipe, the Brussels sprouts are boiled and then tossed with a bacon and vinegar sauce. This sauce is good on other vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower. Use it in the spring with spinach or in the summer with greenbeans. You can make the dish several hours ahead, but just combine the Brusseles sprouts and the sauce rather than cooking them long enough to heat the sprouts. Before serving, reheat and sprinkle with the bacon.
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any withered leaves.
- Cook them in boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into 1" pieces and fry until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 Tbsp.
- fat from the pan.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and cook 1 minute over medium-high heat, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and toss until warm.
- Sprinkle with the bacon.