Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different sort of side dish for a Christmas dinner.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, steamed
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chestnuts, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, in strips
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Melt butter in a large deep skillet, best to use a stir fry pan or even a wok, if you have one. Add nuts and cook until browned. Add vegetables and shake until coated. Toss with crumbled bacon and garnish with parsley.