Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
A great winter side dish.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Put brussels sprouts and celery in a saucepan; add a small amount of water (to about 1/2 inch height); bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for 4-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In another pan, melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain brussels sprouts and celery; place in a serving bowl.
- Top with cheese sauce.