Recipe by Tisme
I know most people hate this veggie, but the kids and I adore it. If you love your sprouts you'll love this creamy soup, which so easy to make. Go on give it a try!!
Top Review by tammara
Fantastic! My 4 year old son and I just ate and ate it! I didn't add the cream because for us it wasn't necessary, the consistency was just fine. :) I added a couple cloves of garlic, just because I love it...and it didn't overpower the flavor of the soup....Thank you!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 1 kg prepared Brussels sprout
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt buter in a saucepan and saute onion until tender. Add brussels sprouts and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sprouts are cooked.
- Puree in a food processor or put the soup mixture through a sieve.
- Reheat and serve with swirls of cream.