- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 medium sized)
- 4 cups sweet red apples (thinly sliced peeled)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water for about 5 minutes or just until barely tender.
- While that is cooking in a large skillet melt the butter and add onions stirring well, until softened, this will take approximaetly five minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced apples stir gently and cook until just tender and lightly brwoned.
- Drain sprouts and add to the skillet along with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook tossing gently just one or two minutes longer.