Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Brussels Sprouts with bacon and onions.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3-4 slice bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- Trim the stem of the sprouts and discard the outer leaves. Slice sprouts in half lenghtwise.
- Saute chopped bacon with sliced onions until bacon is cooked and onion is tender.
- Remove bacon and onion from pan, leaving bacon drippings behind.
- Place sprouts cut side down in pan. Turn sprouts when first side in slightly browned. Continue cooking until browned on second side. Pour off bacon drippings and CAREFULLY add about 1/4 cup water. Cover and finish cooking until the desired tenderness is reached.
- Place bacon, onion and sauted sprouts in microwave proof dish.
- Sprinkle parmesean cheese on top and microwave until cheese is melted and everything is good and hot.
- Serve and enjoy.
Yum Eating them right now. I should have made the bacon pieces smaller, but the taste is great and I love brussel sprouts that are not boiled to death!!!
I used butter to saute the onions and brussel sprouts. It took about 15 minutes to make the sprouts tender. It was very good.
This was very good. Makes a great side dish, looks wonderful on the plate and has a nice flavor. I will make again.