Sandra Southwick's Note:
Brussels Sprouts with bacon and onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the stem of the sprouts and discard the outer leaves. Slice sprouts in half lenghtwise.
- 2Saute chopped bacon with sliced onions until bacon is cooked and onion is tender.
- 3Remove bacon and onion from pan, leaving bacon drippings behind.
- 4Place sprouts cut side down in pan. Turn sprouts when first side in slightly browned. Continue cooking until browned on second side. Pour off bacon drippings and CAREFULLY add about 1/4 cup water. Cover and finish cooking until the desired tenderness is reached.
- 5Place bacon, onion and sauted sprouts in microwave proof dish.
- 6Sprinkle parmesean cheese on top and microwave until cheese is melted and everything is good and hot.
- 7Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts Saute
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 191.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g