Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Brussels Sprouts with bacon and onions.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts Saute recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the stem of the sprouts and discard the outer leaves. Slice sprouts in half lenghtwise.
- Saute chopped bacon with sliced onions until bacon is cooked and onion is tender.
- Remove bacon and onion from pan, leaving bacon drippings behind.
- Place sprouts cut side down in pan. Turn sprouts when first side in slightly browned. Continue cooking until browned on second side. Pour off bacon drippings and CAREFULLY add about 1/4 cup water. Cover and finish cooking until the desired tenderness is reached.
- Place bacon, onion and sauted sprouts in microwave proof dish.
- Sprinkle parmesean cheese on top and microwave until cheese is melted and everything is good and hot.
- Serve and enjoy.