1/4 Photos of Brussels Sprouts Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. From a cookbook of countries along the Danube, this came from Germany. The original recipe called for a tablespoon of salt but I cut it down to a teaspoon (particularly since the sprouts are cooked in broth). Cooking time includes chilling time. I have not tried this recipe yet. Update - tried for Christmas as per Elmotoo's comment. Very pretty with tomatoes, and I thought there was too much vinegar in the dressing so I suggest reducing to 1/4 cup as per current ingredients list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1If using frozen brussels sprouts, cook according to package directions with broth instead of water.
- 2If using fresh, wash well and trim all outer leaves. Bring broth to a boil and add sprouts. Bring to a boil again and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3Drain sprouts and place in a bowl.
- 4Pour vinegar and oil over the top and sprinkle with dried spices, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 5Halve the tomatoes and add to sprouts. Taste for seasoning.
- 6Sprinkle with fresh chives and dill before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts Salad
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: