Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was hidden in the deep, dark confines of my cookbook. I have not tried it yet.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Trim tough stems from brussels sprouts.
- With a knife, mark base of each brussels sprout with a shallow"x".
- Remove about 25 large outer green leaves; set aside.
- In pot of boiling salted water, cook the brussels sprouts until just tender but still bright green, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Strain with a slotted spoon and transfer to ice water bath to stop cooking.
- Blanch the reserved leaves in the pot of boiling water, until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Strain; transfer to bowl of ice water.
- Drain; reserve.
- Transfer sprouts to food processor.
- Heat cream and butter in saucepan over low heat until butter has melted.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg; add to sprouts.
- Process until combined.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Arrange reserved leaves around edge of bowl.