Recipe by One Happy Woman
This is more of a concept than exact recipe - vary at your whim. It's fresh, fast and delicious and good the next day.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs raw Brussels sprouts
- 1 large d'anjou pear, ripe but still firm
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved, not grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup walnut oil
- lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim the sprouts. Halve them and 'pulse chop' in the food processor or slice them thin.
- Core and chop the pear (unpeeled) in 1/2" pieces.
- Toast the pecan pieces.
- Shave the Parmesan.
- Mix the sprouts and pears.
- Mix the dressing and mix into the sprouts and pears.
- Top with toasted pecans and shaved Parmesan.