Recipe by sugarpea
This is Dh's invention and my favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts. He calls all his culinary creations whatever-it-is mojo, hence; Brussels Sprouts Mojo. This dish cooks in 2 minutes so it's best to have all the ingredients measured out into a small bowl and waiting before beginning the cooking process.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Mojo maybe, but I would call this brussels sprouts over-the-top! Unique but excellent recipe. Some of my brussels sprouts were still in large chunks after processing in my food processor so I cooked this a bit longer. I also added cashews and olives, reduced the oil by a bit and used a non-stick pan. Instead of pesto I used pieces of sun-dried tomato. As a result it was a bit dry, but still really delicious! Please thank your husband very much sugarpea. I will definitely be making this again:D
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- chopped cashews (optional)
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- sliced kalamata olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a food chopper or food processor to roughly chop the Brussels sprouts, leaving a few larger pieces (up to 1/2"); heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the sprouts and garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and saute for 1 additional minute; total cook time for the dish is 2 minutes; do not overcook; serve hot.