Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
There is certain veggies we either love or hate. We love these brussel sprouts, I made them for Christmas dinner and got rave reviews. I hope that you enjoy them. I found the recipe in a local news paper.
- 3 -4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 shallots, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -2 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, peeled of outer leaves and halved
- 1 -2 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the bacon until brown and crisp;drain on paper towel, set aside.
- Saute the shallots in the bacon drippings about 4 minutes or until golden brown; add the chicken broth, thyme, sherry, salt and pepper.
- Add the brussels sprouts cut side down, cover and cook 15 minutes until soft, But, not mushy, serve with bacon and topped with Parmesan cheese, enjoy.
Another winner Barb! Thank you.
We saw this recipe in our local supermarket and tried it for christmas. It's very tasty and even my Dad ate them!!! Thank you for posting, Miss Pixie x x x :)
These came out nice and crisp. Not overcooked. The bacon which I cooked and drained the fat then added some olive oil in along with the shallots,garlic and a small onion. There was a lot of broth left over. My dog got to have it over her dry food. Sega my Dog thanks you!And so do I!