Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We always enjoy vinegar on our cabbage, greens and Brussels sprouts. This recipe is from the Daytona News-Journal and was adapted from the Washington Post.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons dried herbs (chives, dill or parsley, if using fresh herbs, double quantity)
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 6 -8 tablespoons olive oil
- In steamer over pot of boiling water, steam sprouts until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk mustard, herbs, vinegar and sugar.
- Continue to whisk, slowly adding 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasonings.
- If dressing is too vinegary, add oil as desired.
- Add steamed sprouts and toss with dressing.
- Allow flavors to meld at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I liked this... the mustard was nicely balanced out by the herbs and wine vinegar.. I made this for lunch for myself and I found myself picking them out of the bowl before the photo was made. DH tried some too, but having had some stiff competition with other Zaar sprout recipes lately, he declared what "while these were fine,they didn't compare to the other sprouts we had..". Please see my rating system: 3 wonderful stars for a great recipe that is popular in our house and that we will have again, without problem, but which isn't in our top 10 list... Zaar has spoiled us severely :) Thanks for a lovely recipe !