Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found on www.recipes.wuzzle.org & is placed here in preparation for the ZWT6. Although the sprouts in the original recipe were probably cooked in a frying pan, I would steam mine.
Top Review by iris5555
A very tasty way to prepare brussels sprouts. I enjoyed the tang the sour cream and the smoky flavor imparted by the bacon. I used significantly less sour cream than indicated in the recipe though,
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sprouts in a steamer & cook for about 10-12 minutes or until just tender.
- About half way through the cooking time for the sprouts, in a large skillet fry the bacon for 5 minutes or until crisp, then remove the bacon to cool, & in the same skillet saute the chopped onion for several minutes.
- Crumble the cooled bacon & add it, along with the sprouts, to the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm.