Recipe by Dancer^
I didn't like brussel sprouts until I tried these. You can had some heat with a sprinkling of hot pepper flakes.
Top Review by Bergy
Great recipe! Beautiful presentation, lovely mix of color and the taste is wonderful. I added salt & Pepper and 2 large cloves of garlic, minced. Another winner from Dancer - Thank-you
- 3 teaspoons sweet butter, melted
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shallots, tomato, caraway seeds, and dill.
- Rinse brussels sprouts well and remove any brown or damaged leaves.
- Cut off the stem ends, then cut each sprout into slices, cutting from top to stem end.
- Add sprouts to tomato mixture and stir well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay out six 12 x 12-inch aluminium foil squares and divide sprout mixture equally among them, making a small mound on half of each square.
- Then fold each square over to cover the mound and crimp all the edges closed.
- Arrange the packets on a baking sheet and bake until sprouts are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Use a kitchen shears to cut the packets open, then serve hot.