Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to serve Brussels Sprouts using chicken broth and onions. Very tasty. I've had this recipe for years, have no idea where it came from.
- 3 -4 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter, cook onions until soft.
- Add the lemon juice.
- You can do this and then place in fridge until later.
- Just before serving, cook brussels sprouts in chicken broth.
- 5-8 minutes for frozen.
- 10 minutes for fresh.
- Drain liquid and add onion butter.
- Season to taste.
My brussels sprouts were HUGE. Therefore, I cut them in half before cooking in the chicken broth. The broth added such a great flavor to the sprouts and the onion butter was a great addition. I did use much less butter, but this did not affect my finished dish in the least.
Delicious Brussels sprouts. I cut the recipe in half and used frozen petite Brussels sprouts. These would be great for a dinner party. I will make these again. Thanx for posting.