Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adopted from zaar Feb 2005. All comments below are from the original chef. I will update when I have prepared this recipe myself. Leah
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts, Frozen or 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, Fresh
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, Puritan
- 2 tablespoons green onions, Chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- Cook the Brussels Sprouts in 1/2 cup of chicken broth; cover and set aside.
- Spray a small skillet with vegetable cooking spray and add the oil.
- Saute the onion in the oil then remove from the heat and slowly add the 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Sir in the mustard and pepper.
- Return to the heat and dissolve the cornstarch in the milk then add to the skillet mixture.
- Stirring constantly, cook until the sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mustard sauce over the cooked Brussels Sprouts and stir to coat.
- Serve at once.
- EACH SERVING CONTAINS:.
- CAL PROT CARB FIB FAT FAT CHOL SODIUM.
A great recipe, even my kids liked it.
Had these last night for dinner and they were very good. I thought there was alittle to much liquid, and will reduce it some the next time. I also used "That Mustard" instead of dijon. It is a nice twist to brussel sprouts, Thanks, Carole