Recipe by *Parsley*
I LOVE Brussels sprouts this way. This recipe makes a lot (cuz it's my very own "special occassion" recipe), but they'll get eaten!! Not overly-sauced, or fat-laden, either! I don't put salt in this, but you can add it to taste.
- 3 lbs frozen petite Brussels sprouts or 3 lbs fresh small Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook/steam brussels sprouts until tender (time will vary depending if you use frozen or fresh); drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add white wine, onion, mushrooms, parsley and pepper and saute until mushrooms and onions are soft- about 5-7 minutes.
- In a seperate small bowl, mix together water, dijon mustard and honey until smooth; pour into skillet. Stir well.
- Add cooked, drained brussels sprouts to skillet. Reduce heat to low and gently toss to coat evenly. Remove from heat.