1/21 Photos of Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter
Tracy K's Note:
This is a recipe from Joy of Cooking... totally changed my mind about Brussels Sprouts! It's imperative that you use fresh sprouts, the texture would be way off with the frozen ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- 3Remove garlic and discard.
- 4Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- 5The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
- 6Top with freshly grated parmesan and salt& pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 110.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g