This is from Molly Katzens vegetable heaven cookbook. You can make this low fat by steaming the sprouts instead of cooking them in the butter.
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover and let the mixture come to room temperature. Set aside.
- Quarter the sprouts, unless they are very small, in which case leave them whole.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add brussel sprouts and sprinkle lightly with salt if desired.
- Stir, cover, and cook over medium heat until quite tender(8 to 10 mins).
- When they are done, transfer them to a bowl and pour sauce over the top.
- Serve right away.