Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a tangy, sweet way to serve brussel sprouts. Even my kids like them!
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts Hash recipe from Food.com.
- Saute shallots in butter until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar, stirring until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper.
- Saute 6 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- Add 1 cup water and remaining 3 Tbls butter.
- Saute until most of moisture has evaporated and brussel sprouts are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture to brussel sprouts and stir to cover.
- Add crumbled bacon.
I loved this! I couldn't get enough of it! I was worried it would end up too "onion-y" but it was perfect. I used frozen baby brussel sprouts and skipped the boiling step as they were already mostly cooked. I can see this being made at Christmas time. Thanks SO much! Made for PAC Spring 2010