Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tangy, sweet way to serve brussel sprouts. Even my kids like them!
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 lb shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bacon, cooked well and crumbled
- Saute shallots in butter until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar, stirring until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper.
- Saute 6 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- Add 1 cup water and remaining 3 Tbls butter.
- Saute until most of moisture has evaporated and brussel sprouts are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture to brussel sprouts and stir to cover.
- Add crumbled bacon.
I loved this! I couldn't get enough of it! I was worried it would end up too "onion-y" but it was perfect. I used frozen baby brussel sprouts and skipped the boiling step as they were already mostly cooked. I can see this being made at Christmas time. Thanks SO much! Made for PAC Spring 2010