Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The sprouts are caramelized then gratined, if there's such a word.
Make and share this Brussels Sprouts Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, cleaned, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place prepared Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Add garlic and shallots and season with salt and pepper, tossing to mix.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and heat until mixture is thick and bubbling, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and stir to combine. Mix in salt and pepper to taste. Stir in roasted Brussels sprouts mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.