Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe for this great vegetable, it was found at www.recipehound.com & is posted here for the ZWT6.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, small size
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Trim the base of the sprouts & discard the tough outer leaves, then rinse well.
- Steam sprouts for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender, then rinse them briefly under cold running water.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the butter & cook it carefully until it turns a nut-brown color, but watch carefully to prevent the butter form burning.
- Add the sprouts & saute quickly to brown them on all sides.
- Season with salt, pepper & nutmeg & serve immediately.
If you love Brussels sprouts, these simply prepared sprouts are sure to please. The lightly-browned butter makes the brussels sprouts taste like candy. I cut the butter down to 4 tbsp. but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Thanx for posting!
This was ok... we like more spice in our veggies. It was still a good recipe for eating brussel sprouts. Thanks.
I rarely meet a brussels sprouts recipe that I don't love, and this is no exception. I steamed mine, then put them off to the side while I prepared the rest of the meal...Melted the butter and threw in the seasonings in the same saucepan I cooked the brussels sprouts in....it turned out delicious! Of course, to me, the sprouts alone would be delicious!! Thanks for sharing your recipe,