Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sprouts are sort of flash fried, or stir-fried, or pan-seared, then flavored with curry. I can get the family to eat sprouts this way, and only this way. You can make it with fresh sprouts, too, but I haven't ever done so.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, thawed or cooked and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- Heat the oil in an iron skillet or wok or other heavy-bottom saute pan or Dutch oven until very hot but not smoking.
- Add the sprouts and sear them, stirring often, until they are sort of flash-fried. If they dry out and seem ready to burn, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Add the salt and test a sprout for doneness.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook 5 minutes longer.
I love my Brussels sprouts and this did not disappoint. I made these as written, but just halved the amount of olive oil and had great results. This is a quick, tasty way to make Brussels sprouts. Thanx!
Mmmmm good!! Made this for PAC 2007 and was a great side dish to Smoky Almond Chicken. Never would have thought to use garam masala with brussels sprouts - it is a great combination! Used a little less oil and some sea salt. Thanks fluffernutter!