Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and delicious. One way to get kids to eat brussels sprouts. They love them this way. This was in the Taste of Home magazine.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove onion and set aside.
- Blend flour into the drippings.
- Add tomato juice; cook and stir over low heat until thickened and smooth. Stir in the sugar, salt, pepper and onion.
- Arrange the brussels sprouts in a greased 1 quart baking dish; top with the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
My son is 4 years and a half. He doesn't like brussels sprouts and even this recipe he didn't like. But me and my boyfriend loved this recipe. I'll do it again. I'm glad to have tried it. Cause it reminds me of stuffed cabbage probably because of the tomato juice with the brussels sprouts. After the 15 minutes in the oven, I put the oven to broil to have the cheese golden. Very yummy. Thanks Liz :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game