4 hrs 30 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
I love this dish; it can serve as either a salad or a vegetable. At a buffet, I let it serve as both so as not to clutter up the plates with too many food items. The red and green colors are perfect for a Christmas meal. It can be prepared ahead which is always a help. Sometimes I even use a prepared vinaigrette. I especially like Girard's Champagne Dressing. Note that cooking time is actually chilling time. This recipe originally came from BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 -3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1Cook up Brussels sprouts according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small jar with a screw-top lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake to blend well. Transfer warm sprouts to bowl and pour the dressing over, mixing to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 3(If you use a prepared commercial dressing, it takes about 1-1/4 cups.).
- 4Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half; put into another container. Add sliced green onions; cover and chill.
- 5Just before serving: Combine the sprouts with the tomatoes and onions. Stir gently to coat vegetables with dressing. Then, using a slotted spoon, transfer to a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts Christmas Salad
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g