Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love this dish; it can serve as either a salad or a vegetable. At a buffet, I let it serve as both so as not to clutter up the plates with too many food items. The red and green colors are perfect for a Christmas meal. It can be prepared ahead which is always a help. Sometimes I even use a prepared vinaigrette. I especially like Girard's Champagne Dressing. Note that cooking time is actually chilling time. This recipe originally came from BH&G.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 -3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup salad oil
- Cook up Brussels sprouts according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small jar with a screw-top lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake to blend well. Transfer warm sprouts to bowl and pour the dressing over, mixing to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- (If you use a prepared commercial dressing, it takes about 1-1/4 cups.).
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half; put into another container. Add sliced green onions; cover and chill.
- Just before serving: Combine the sprouts with the tomatoes and onions. Stir gently to coat vegetables with dressing. Then, using a slotted spoon, transfer to a serving bowl.
Now this is a great way to dress up those ol' Brussels sprouts, &, yeah, a nice presentation for the winter holidays, too, whether Xmas or whatever! Great for summertime, as well! Also switched from the dried basil & thyme to fresh! Definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]