Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender, not-too-bitter, attractively green-colored Brussels sprout that can be prepared with little fuss.
- 1 lb small Brussels sprout, firm and bright green and rinsed with stem ends and discolored leaves removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground fresh nutmeg
- ground black pepper
- Bring sprouts, cream, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until knife tip into center meets no resistance, about 10 -12 minutes.
- Season with nutmeg and pepper and serve.
5 wonderful stars! DH mentioned at least 4 times that he liked this while we were still at the dinner table so that's a sure sign of a hit recipe. It's soo simple it's almost embarrasingly easy to make, the flavours are there and everything balances wonderfully. I did increase the nutmeg considerably to about 1 teaspoon. Please see my rating system: 5 wonderful stars for a simple, quick and easy recipe that left DH doing to get more and being dissapointed when he found the pot empty. We will make this often. Thanks!