Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An Asian style way to enhance Brussels Sprouts! I created this for a quick and easy side for leftover Lo Mein noodles.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 lb asparagus (thin stalks)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- Clean and remove hard ends from Brussels Sprouts.
- Clean and remove stem and seeds from bell pepper.
- Clean and remove woody sections of asparagus.
- Course chop Brussels sprouts, asparagus and bell pepper.
- Heat oil in nonstick wok over medium heat and saute garlic for one minute stirring frequently.
- Add sprouts, bell pepper, asparagus and salt stirring frequently. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add water and cook an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Hoison sauce and sweet chili sauce, give a quick stir to mix thoroughly, then remove wok from heat. Serve and enjoy!
This is so beautiful and delicious. I tasted before adding the hoisin and chili sauce, and was quite happy with how the dish looked and tasted! Might do it this way too. The hoisin and chili sauce give it extra flavor, but does diminish the vibrant color of the vegetables. This is a winner either way! I'll definitely combine these vegetables again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag 2012!