1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts and Walnuts With Fennel and Shallots
From the local newspaper a few years ago. Good with the Turkey dinner, or baked ham dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Toast the walnuts in oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
- 3Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the sprouts and cook about 8-10 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- 4Bring another pan of water to the boil. Add the shallots or pearl onions and cook 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Slip the skins off and remove the stem ends.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large, heavy skillet. Put the shallots or onions into the pan, sprinkle with the sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the fennel and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- 6Combine the walnuts with the broth in a small pan and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the mixture is syrupy.
- 7Add to the shallots (or onions) and fennel along with the sprouts and remaining tablespoon butter. Stir over medium-low heat until the sprouts are heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Walnuts With Fennel and Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 83.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: