1/1 Photo of Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
Yummy way to get a healthy dose of green veggies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(*Chef's note: To prepare Brussels sprouts, trim ¼ inch from the bottom and score the trimmed sprouts with a deep X.) In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water; bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until fork tender.
- 2Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, or until fork tender.
- 3Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- 4In a large nonstick frying pan at medium-high heat, sauté the garlic in the oil for 3 minutes, or until it is just beginning to color.
- 5Add potatoes, Brussels sprouts, ¼ cup of the reserved cooking liquid, and oregano; add salt substitute and pepper to taste.
- 6Cover and heat through, adding more liquid as needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g