Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sooo good. My mom hooked me on this, I am just posting here to get the nutrition info because I tend to eat the WHOLE thing when I make it! When I am trying to limit my carb intake I make it with brussel sprouts only.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small strips (about 1-inch by 1/4-inch)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- If using potatoes, use 1 lb brussels sprouts and 1 lb small potatoes.
- Cut the bottoms off the brussels sprouts and remove protective outer leaves. Cut sprouts in half.
- If using potatoes, half potatoes (quarter if very large.).
- Combine oil, brussel sprouts, potatoes, onions and bacon in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 425 for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir every 15 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in the microwave and combine with the lemon juice.
- When the mixture comes out of the oven, pour butter/lemon juice over the brussel sprouts.
- Add salt and pepper.
I know this recipe is several years old, but you left the potato out of the ingredients.
Wonderful recipe,so tasty,made recipe#137808Roasted Garlic Rosemary Chicken to go with,used red potatoes so so good.Will make again.Thanks Linda.