Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
May add chicken from a slice of southern. blogspot.com
- 3 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, fine dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast, if using
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Break spaghetti into 1-inch pieces. Cook according to package directions and drain. Return to the hot pan, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the Brussels sprouts, ginger, chicken, cashews and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes. Add the broth and soy sauce. Allow to boil and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes (stirring occasionally). Remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti and carrots, stirring to combine. Top with cilantro before serving.