Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inspired from Parsley & Polka Dots blog.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, cut in half and loose outer leaves removed
- 2 ears corn, kernels freshly cut off of the cob
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt, & pepper
- In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add cut sprouts to pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and generous pinches of salt & pepper.
- Shake pan and stir to coat; continue to shake every so often, to enable a caramelized sear, but not an over-cook on one side.
- After about 10 minutes (adding more olive oil as needed), when brussel sprouts are browned, soft on the outside, but a bit hard and crunchy on the inside, add fresh corn kernels to the pan.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the corn, sprinkle with more salt & pepper; stir and shake pan to fully mix.
- Cook altogether for another 5 minutes, until corn is warm but still has crunch to the bite.