A delicious stir-fry, economical and quick to make. I like to serve this over soba noodles and rice would work as well. Don't let the length of the ingredients list put you off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, if large, quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup scallion, cut diagonally into 3/4 inch pieces
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, sliced thin, blanched for 30 seconds, cooled under cold water
- salt and pepper
- 1Whisk egg white and 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch; add chicken and set aside for 10 minutes; boil Brussels sprouts in salted water for 2 1/2 minutes, or until just crisp-tender,drain and cool under cold water.
- 2In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, broth, remaining 1/2 tsp cornstarch, sesame oil and water; set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a wok; add drained chicken and stir-fry until opaque and just firm, about 1 minute; remove and set aside.
- 4Stir-fry shallot, garlic and gingerroot for 30 seconds; add red bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes; add the scallions and the Brussels sprouts and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 5Make a well in the center of the stir-fry mixture; whisk the soy sauce mixture and add to the well, whisking until it boils; stir into the vegetable mixture and simmer for 1 minute.
- 6Add the chicken, water chestnuts and salt and pepper and stir-fry until chicken is heated through, about 30 seconds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 936.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 27.2 g