Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted a different green for our Thanksgiving feast. I love Brussels sprouts along with half of my family, the other half hates them--all enjoyed this dish! Recipe from Sunset magazine. They suggest smaller sized sprouts to make it look pretty, I just quartered some of the larger ones. I don't know what steamed chestnuts are so I substituted water chestnuts with delicious results
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 large shallots, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 453.59 g Brussels sprout, stem end trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 198.44 g jar steamed chestnuts
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh chives
- 118.29 ml crumbled blue cheese
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and chestnuts.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until Brussels sprouts are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and boil until almost all liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Add cream and boil until Brussels sprouts and chestnuts are coated with cream, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chives.
- season with salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.