I wanted a different green for our Thanksgiving feast. I love Brussels sprouts along with half of my family, the other half hates them--all enjoyed this dish! Recipe from Sunset magazine. They suggest smaller sized sprouts to make it look pretty, I just quartered some of the larger ones. I don't know what steamed chestnuts are so I substituted water chestnuts with delicious results
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shallots and sauté 1 minute.
- 3Add Brussels sprouts and chestnuts.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté 1 minute.
- 5Add broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until Brussels sprouts are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Uncover and boil until almost all liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add cream and boil until Brussels sprouts and chestnuts are coated with cream, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- 8Mix in chives.
- 9season with salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- 10Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts With Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: