An old-fashioned recipe from the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean Brussels sprouts, removing any wilted leaves.
- 2Cook, uncovered in a large amount of rapidly boiling water until tender, about eight to ten minutes.
- 3Drain, saving one cup of the cooking water.
- 4Shell and blanch the chestnuts; cook in boiling salted water until chestnuts are tender.
- 5Brown two tablespoons butter, add sugar and cooked chestnuts; stir constantly until chestnuts are well browned.
- 6Heat two tablespoons butter; add flour and brown slightly.
- 7Add the one cup reserved Brussels sprouts cooking water gradually, stirring constantly and cook until smooth.
- 8Combine chestnuts and sprouts, season with salt and heat through.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g