Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Note use the smallest Brussels sprouts you can find preferable fresh from the stalk. Posting this recipe for me to work with and modify mainly. The original was from fooddownunder.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trim and fine chopped
- 1 large carrot, fine chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pam a skillet.
- Cook the onions and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until softened.
- Add the sprouts, carrot, thyme and water to this and cook until water has evaporated.
- Then add the bell pepper, salt, and pepper, and saute an additional minute.
We thought these were good, alittle strong on the flavor with Thyme but I added alittle sugar and it turned out better. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I kept the carrots and brussel sprouts in larger pieces, in accordance with my family's preferences, and I think it turned out well that way as well. I needed to add extra water, and I think some more thyme would have been nice as well, but overall it is a great recipe! Thanks!
A great creative way to use brussel sprouts. I needed to increase the amount of water, as after I added it, there wasn't much of a wait for it to evaporate, and the sprouts needed more cooking time. The thyme adds a great flavour, and it is a colourful dish to serve up. Thanks for posting